Sunday, October 02, 2011

Going with the Flow

The theme of my writing seems to have been all about what's next lately. I can't seem to have a converstaion without moving 6 months ahead of where I am, if not years. I have been pretty frustrated by the fact that my next step at this point is very unclear. Focusing on how much I don't know only leads to a downward spiral of blame and negativity, panic and insomnia. So for now I am choosing not to know. I have three months here in Berkeley and I am hoping the program will become more engaging as we are given more responsibility in the kitchen and maybe a little more creative room. I will try to spend my free time enjoying where I am, inside and out, and when I am frustrated, sitting patiently with my questions. Something will come next and after that something else. Maybe my travels will not be so extreme, or maybe they will. Even if I thought I knew what was coming next, we have all experienced that surprises abound, good and bad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When panic is setting in, sitting patiently with one's questions is the only sane approach (except perhaps a brisk walk). You are very wise, and brave, if still verdictless. I believe wonderful things are waiting for you. MKP

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home