Monday, September 12, 2011

Sweet!

The weekend was a little funny. I was super tired and a little emotional and was starting to feel overwhelmed.
The moment I walked into work though I was infused with enthusiasm. People were laughing, things smelled amazing. I had the middle shift today which starts at tea-time (the perfect way to start a Monday) directly after which we have "class" which is an hour of sitting and listening to something fascinating. Jessica gave us the biography of the business which is so freaking inspiring - I just kept thinking how lucky I am to be soaking up all this knowledge and energy.
After class I helped mise-en-place the brownies (measure out all the ingredients) which are going to be awesome - gluten-free and palm sugar sweetened with crispy walnuts! Then I chopped a case of chard and then it was lunch time.
After lunch I put myself in charge of coffee, as I feel it has been a bit too strong. I am missing cream too, so today I voted with my pocket book and after work I bought a $10 pint of raw cream, which is illegal in many states and so well worth the price in my mind. I'm going to take it in to work and try to get other people hooked on it so I can take up a collection for the next one.
In the afternoon we shucked corn and cut it off the cob for a corn and fresh coconut side that will be on this week's menu. Then it was time to clean up. It sounds like a simple day, and in many ways it was, but you must understand the volume of things - we probably ended up with over ten gallons of cut corn!
After work I did some grocery shopping at the local organic grocery and got so many exciting things. Now I am eating some truly kick-ass pate that didn't sell last week (and was therefore free) and waiting for my beet fennel and carrot soup to be ready. The family have gone to Marin for a picnic dinner and though they are wonderful it is always nice to have time to one's self.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home