Thursday, December 30, 2010

Extreme Vacation

This has been an excellent vacation. Although the packing was a little more involved than most vacations (a 16-foot moving truck versus a couple of suitcases), it has been everything I could want: deluxe accommodations (actually our own home), great food, movies, books, and tons of together time with my favorite person in the world.
However, many have noted that there is an ideal length for a vacation and most put it between ten days and two weeks. Having just passed the two-week mark, I think I can agree. There is a part of me that needs to be called out of bed in the morning before I feel like it, to wear shoes instead of slippers, to accomplish something that impacts someone outside my household.
Luckily I have a pre-interview today. Its mainly just to get a little clearer picture of the job I'm applying for, which will help me going into the actual interview I think. This job is something I can do and do well. It combines my interests and abilities perfectly; working with food and children on a farm. Still it is an adjustment to get my mind ready to speak professionally.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must be psychic! I felt a call to check your blog, and I see that you have updated us. Thank you, dear Erin.
Do keep us posted, as I know you will.
Good luck on the job.
Best to Jacob too, of course.
Auntie

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did it go, Erin? I find that talking out loud to myself, running through articulating my thoughts on various possible questions, is really helpful. Perhaps you already have the job! MKP

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home