Saturday, September 10, 2011

Full

What a full full week! I think my subtler bodies are just starting to arrive and join me here in California. Though I loved every day of work, it is also nice to have a day to roam free. Slightly grimey donut shops are on every corner here, but I have been on the hunt for a good bakery worth splurging on. Today after a bizarre interview for a room/nanny position (which I will turn down if offered) I happened upon La Farine. Test one of a good bakery? The name. Passed. Test #2? Beauty. This was also a flying colors pass with one case of plump, golden buns of the breakfasty variety piled in baskets and another of refined, colorful edible-works-of-art, miniature and party-sized. I ordered a savory morning roll that was a moist marriage of brioche and croissant coiled around ham, cheese and onions and a coffee. The coffee was strong but smooth and heavenly with half and half. At the kitchen there does not seem to be a cream source for workers' coffee and and I have been choking it down with milk or maple syrup as an after lunch pick-me-up that turns out to be like medicine more than a taste treat.
Right next to the bakery a store was going out of business and selling racks of flowing linen garb at rock-bottom prices and I picked up a few gems, though I made myself a promise to get rid of as many items that I have been lugging around in my suit case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home