Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Still Awesome!

I began the workday by slicing the fat from braised brisket and finely chopping it to be added back into the stroganoff. I could think of several friends who might be quite jealous as the beef fat moisturized my hands and the scent wafted up my nose!
Wednesday night and Thursday are when the kitchen is open to the public for picking up orders, so the rest of the morning was dedicated to jarring and other packaging projects.
The motivational music in the background runs from obscure marimba to top 40 pop to Buena Vista Social Club to top 40 from the 80's. I'm sure plenty more variety is still possible.
Lunch was a southern-style chicken soup with sweet potatoes and black beans and yogurt cream, and yes, it was as delicious as it sounds.
I drank kombucha a bit when it first hit health food store shelves, but I usually couldn't finish the bottle, but the Kombucha on our lunch table, always several flavors of it, is subtle and so refreshing!
In the afternoon I was given the task of making 100 quarts of Mexican Chicken Soup under the supervision of a huge dude named Mudhut wearing a skirt and two different colored socks. Like I said...awesome!

1 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine said...

Oh my gosh!! I did not know that you were at Three Stone Hearth!! You were in love with that place like three years ago and now you are there! I just can't stop with the exclamation marks it sounds so awesome. And i very much envy your fermented beverage selection. Have fun friend and you never know. we might get to be kitchen mates again some day...

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home