Thursday, September 08, 2011

Barkin' Dogs

I was dragging a bit this morning. I was running late and did not have my customary cup of earl grey on the way in, then there was no coffee at tea time (confusing, I know).
With the bulk of the week's cooking done and on the shelves for customers, most of the work today was prep. There is definitely a krauty theme to Thursdays, as next week's variety gets jarred and the newest batch of cabbage is shredded, pounded and prepared for its destiny. I also zested a ton of limes, which smelled so good and felt so decadent by the case full! They were then juiced and both ingredients frozen for future use. Toward the end of the day we did cleaning, something I did my best to avoid as a manager. By now my feet were really hurting and I was becoming annoyed with some of my wiftier classmates who just drifted off during mopping.
But when it was time to leave, it was time to leave. I didn't have to stay and prepare anything or worry about tomorrow. Now I get to veg out and tomorrow I will just show up. I have got to remember to take the little pebble out of my shoe that was such a nuisance all day! One of my particular neurosese (sp?) is being so hell bent on getting to the end of something that I cannot stop for 30 seconds to do something that will make the whole rest of the day more pleasant!
It is very windy outside my window in the pine tree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home