Saturday, September 17, 2011

Free Day

The reason I couldn't be completely unemployed for long is that the pressure of the week creates such a wonderful space when it leaves! This morning I can't rightly say that I slept in, nobody does in a house with a 2-year-old, but I had a leisurely getting-up process, made some necessary phone calls and set out to explore some more, this time on foot. My unltimate goal was to find the perfect drink-coffee-and-surf-the-net spot. At the library, my first stop, the internet was s..l..o..w.. and as you can imagine - no coffee! I continued up the hill to an independent coffee shop where I got a tasty everything bagel with lox and cream cheese, but there was little to no seating. The I rambled along Colusa, a street that winds along a hillside of fascinating little houses, for maybe a couple of miles, to the french bakery I wrote about earlier. They didn't have much in the way of seating either, but I did get a slice of fig tart and stash it in my bag. As I strolled along Solano, a street full of interesting shops and restaurants, I began to feel a blister develop; luckily its all downhill until home. I arrived outside the old-style movie theater 3 minutes before the bargain matinee showing of Midnight In Paris, which was highly enjoyable. Now I am in the coffee shop next door where there is seating, wifi and cream for the coffee - the winner so far!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect Saturday, Erin! Lots of good exercise and a good movie to remind you of your time in France.
Lots of libraries now have coffee bars, so don't give up on them entirely! ☺☺

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Success! I love reading of your newest adventures in your newest landing place--the whole experience sounds so life-affirming. Isn't learning new things just THE BEST?! I really admire your courage and ability to create a place for yourself anew and on your own, Erin.
Love, Mary

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home