Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Walking Too Far In Someone Else's Shoes Will Give You Blisters

I have not done a lick of writing homework and am generally bemoaning the feeling that I am unfit for any kind of work, gainful or no. It is very easy for me to wallow in self pity, and even easier because there is nobody here to say "snap out of it", and the self pity is enforced by the fact that all signs point to me being ridiculous and selfish for giving up a job I was perfectly good at and heading into the unknown at the ripe age of soon-to-be 32. There are not many places that one can look for reassurance in my situation! But in my late-night internet ramblings I came across SARK's website. No not Julian Sark, the super hottie from Alias. Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy, the author of many books on inspiration and creativity. All the situations I have been aspiring to are looking for "energetic","physically fit" helpers and it all makes me feel like a lazy pool of slime. SARK advocates frequent naps and caters to procrastinators and introverts, describing herself as one too. This is a wagon I can leap onto! There is a place for every one of us in the world without our needing to be remodeled! It is just so hard to know who we are if we have spent a lifetime trying to be what we thought was expected!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love SARK. I stumbled across her sometime in college and have always found her to be inspirational and wonderful. Glad you found her website.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home