Monday, June 05, 2006

After Midnight

Mice are my homies, but I still don't like being woken up in the middle of the night hearing one scritch-scratching two feet from my head! Have I written before of my fear that they will bite off my hair for their nest? Talk about odd phobias!

I have been trying out a 'spring cleanse' diet. It's very specific: 2 glasses of water upon rising, breakfast=1 piece of room-temperature fruit and a bowl of plain, cooked whole grains (separated by half an hour), a glass of water saved from the steaming of vegetables at 11 and 3, a bowl of steamed veggies for lunch and dinner, and lots of water and herb tea throughout the day. It's supposed to clean out all your hibernating toxins and give your liver a break. Monday morning I was committed to a week of it, by noon I thought three days was sufficient, and around 5:30pm I was ready for a hamburger. The real test will be getting through the ice cream party I'm giving my choristers tomo...today. I'm doing it not just for my liver, but because I refuse to buy any more pants, and I was down to only 2 pairs that fit me.

I'm supposed to go hear this singer/songwriter dude from MySpace in Manayunk tonight, anybody want to go?

I think we could make insomniac ramblings into its own genre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home