Friday, May 26, 2006

Welcome Summer!

Today as I walked down the front steps of my building I knew - Summer is here! Maybe not on the calendar and maybe it wasn't even the hottest day we've had, but the damp thickness in the air was unmistakable Philly summer. Even in the mid-day rain that showered my trip to the co-op for quinoa salad, the knot in my solar plexus that tries to protect some part of me from having to endure chill was gone and I did not grit my teeth against the friendly drops that speckled my clothes and bejeweled my hair. At my sister's this evening, my niece was clad in nothing but a diaper, the way a summer baby should be! What a fitting start to the weekend that begins the official season of pools, the beach, and the ice cream truck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home