Friday, May 19, 2006

IIRFA (Is It Really Friday Already?)

So I'm sitting at my computer, feeling way to mellow to put together a good post and yet pestered by the urge to put something into the world, when I remember...it's Friday! Here's my random 10 to get the weekend started (I feel like a dj. I'm imagining I'm the voice of the only radio station in a small, backwoods, New England town and I'm gonna shake the locals out of their sleepy bitterness and teach them how to love again with by showing them the jewels of wisdom hidden within my edgy musical selection)


1.After An Afternoon, Jason Mraz (Tonight, Not Again; Live At Eagle's Ballroom)
"I bare my windowed self, untamed and untrained"

2.Anna Begins, Counting Crows (August And Everything After)
"If you don't want to talk about it, then it isn't love"

3.Be Be Your Love, Rachel Yamagata (Happenstance)
"Everybody's got the way I should feel"

4.Something's Missing, John Mayer (Heavier Things)
"...a thirst I'd have to drown first to ever satiate"

5.Everytime It Rains, Charlotte Martin (On Your Shore)
"Love me 'cause you can and not because you should"

6.Zombie, The Cranberries (No Need To Argue)

7.You're Beautiful, James Blunt (Back to Bedlam)
"I saw your face in a crowded place and I don't know what to do"

8.On Love In Sadness, Jason Mraz (WFMRTC)
"Love is a brittle madness, sing about it in all my sadness"


9.Jet Airliner, Steve Miller Band (Steve Miller Band:The Best of 1968-1973)
"I don't want to get caught up in any of that funky shit goin' down in the city"

10.Life Is Wonderful, Jason Mraz (Mr. A-Z)
"It takes no time to fall in love, but it takes you years to know what love is"


Jason Mraz sandwich!
Instead of repeating the same stats, I picked a line from each song that I either agree with, wish I had written, have considered shouting from the rooftops, or all of the above.
Which of these things just doesn't belong? #6. It's damn hard to find a line that I can relate to in a song about violence and death in Northern Ireland, and for that I am grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home