Thursday, June 22, 2006

Unnamed Craving

At dinner tonight, I had trouble deciding what to order. I drank water because I couldn't describe the drink I wanted, and yet I could taste it! After class I stopped at Whole Foods for some groceries, excited because it had been a while since anything new entered my fridge. They were closing in five minutes and I desperately darted up and down the aisles and ended up with water, yogurt and a quesadilla for my lunch tomorrow. Not as exciting as what I'd pictured. I've been checking in with all my favorite blogs and online journals, looking to read something that will make me say "Yes! That is the truth!" but everybody seems so damn cheerful while the truth for me is that I don't feel whole! I can't legitimately complain about anything, but I'm unfed in an inexplicable way. There's nothing to do for such an affliction but wait and listen. Eventually the truth will appear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home