Monday, October 29, 2007

Signs of Winter

On Saturday night I felt like hell fresh from the nuker. Ever since then I've been achy and dragging, but not sick enough to get out of anything. My boss had this same ailment last week and says I will continue to feel wretched for several days and it will never amount to anything. Great!
All the same I am kind of enjoying the crispy air! I am keeping the house thriftily chilly and not really minding it, but my poor skinny friend Shay was here over the weekend and never took off her scarf. I built a fire in the woodstove last night and this morning I hardly grumbled while scraping ice of my windshield. Its all sort of novel after a year in San Diego!
Last night I opened a chain email that promised me that at 8:33 this morning someone would tell me something I had been waiting to here. I was excited. I could think of all sorts of good news it might be. Well frankly it would have been a little scary if it had happened exactly that way because I was in the shower at 8:33. I am still holding out for a declaration of affection or a generous donation of several million dollars. Hey, miracles happen!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're away from San Diego, Erin!

Auntie

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home