Thursday, February 15, 2007

Jipped

Jason Mraz wrote a song for the TV show "Ugly Betty" that was to be "featured" on tonight's episode. I watched the whole freakin' thing (that show is wierd!) and I think I faintly detected the song playing in a bar scene UNDERNEATH the soundtrack! How is that featured! The song was mentioned as being for sale at the end of the show, but how would you know if you wanted to buy it if you couldn't hear it!
This is maybe not interesting to any of you, but I needed an outlet for my incredulity.
Another thing that pisses me off is that we are not doing the Chichester Psalms in choir any more. Seems it was too "out there" for some of the fogies and most of the basses quit. The one remaining bass was sitting right behind me and saying how glad he was that we weren't doing it. He called it trash. I turned and told him he was spouting sacrilege, but when he continued I had to supress the urge to tell him to shut the fuck up and/or punch him in the nose, despite the fact that his is probably 70 years old. I love that peace! It is my dream to sing it! Now I'm stuck singing Handel because a bunch of small minded men (interestingly enough, most of the women liked it, regardless of age) couldn't drag their sorry asses into the modern world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home