Thursday, January 18, 2007

Breathing

At about 8:30 am, my room fills with sunlight! Most days I miss this moment, but today I am taking the first sick day I've taken all year. Of course I am rather uncomfortable with the tremendous congestion that is packed into my head, but I relish the unexpected day during which you are not allowed to run errands or do work. On a sick day you have the world's blessing to drift in and out of sleep, stay in you pajamas, read for fun, and eat strange meals like chicken broth and rice pudding. I am well stocked with Puffs and reading material, and even though the mystery of the non-working central heat has not yet been solved and every store in town is sold out of space heaters, my roommate found an old one in the garage and my room is both sunny and toasty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home