Sunday, December 03, 2006

Back in the Saddle

I just went grocery shopping; real, three-bag grocery shopping. I stocked up on ingredients for a number of fun recipes like stuffed zucchini and chicken salad as well as plenty of veggies, some staples like mustard and almond butter, and some treats like honey sweeted egg-nog and a Green and Black's chocolate bar. When I got home I finished off some dregs in the fridge by making a pot of carrot soup and some roasted green beans with olive oil and lemon, sprinkled with pecans and golden raisins. I am also prepared for school snacks with things like yogurt, granola, and whole wheat crackers.
I used to prepare all my meals myself and they were varied and healthy. Somewhere around the time that I moved out of the Bowman, I lost the ability to think more than an hour ahead and started eating whatever I could get my hands on. I am glad to be back in the role of a kitchen creative.
I am also working on becoming a person who doesn't need to shower every day. I take my inspiration from my sister. So far its going pretty well.
I'm off to Carlsbad to check out a desk from Craigslist. They want $40 for it and I'm feeling like I'd rather pay $25. Am I a huge cheapskate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home