Saturday, December 02, 2006

Good Day! Good Morning!

I couldn't wait to get up this morning; its been a while since I felt like that! Its getting warmer and I did not turn into a popsicle in the night. This is always a good start. And I had good dreams last night. And I had a phone date with healer/friend Nina first thing, after which I always feel like a million bucks.
I found out about a Saturday morning open life drawing session at the Art Academy of San Diego online a couple of weeks ago and today was the first opportunity I had to check it out. It had been the dangling carrot that got me through the rocky end of last week; that and the latte I had promised myself I could get on the way.
It was bright and warm as I flew down the freeway. I found a Starbucks only blocks from the studio. There were less than ten people drawing and the space was quiet and peaceful and filled with the nostalgic smell of turpentine, which will forever remind me of my high school painting teacher who was not only talented, but very kind and extremely handsome.
After a couple of hours of drawing, I drove back north and, after a detour for provisions, which I will not detail because it doesn't really go with the theme here, I went over to Lori, the 1st grade teacher's house to help prepare parcels of oranges and nuts for St. Nicholas to deliver to the children of the school when he passes by on his birthday, December 6th. Lori has a huge, clear view of the Pacific from her living room and the afternoon sun baked us as we went about the cheery work.
I went home via Joann Fabrics for some classroom supplies and talked to my family on the phone as I drove. The 1st weekend in December is the annual Kimberton Craft Show, which is always a family production, starring my mom. When I talked to them, they were having a well deserved post-show dinner at Mom's favorite Chinese buffet.
I treated myself to a Trader Giotto's frozen pizza and watched tv. I burnt my hard pallet. The magic is running out so I'd better go to bed and refuel!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I love to hear about the really good days you have. I love that you went to a drawing class. I love that tickets to SAN are pretty cheap and I am getting excited about visiting you next month.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I love to hear that you're WARM again!

Auntie

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home