Friday, February 02, 2007

Tag, I'm it!

After two trips to the DMV I have been granted my California plates. And after two trips to home depot for hardware to afix said plates, they are now displayed on my car, front and back.
I have developed a very pleasant ritual on Fridays. I get home from school around 1 o'clock, take off the work garb that I grudgingly refer to as my clown costume, and take a delicious afternoon nap. Post nap festivities vary, but the past two weeks have found me at the movies. It's the perfect way to put the week behind me.
Last night I had dinner with Chrissy and Vanessa (plus husband Ryan) who are, in essence, the administration of the school, and who are both young, childless and lots of fun. We went to El Papagallo which has a very tasty and very cheap happy hour menu and divine sangria. This lead to my being invited to Vanessa's on Sunday for a superbowl party.
Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to Lori's (1st grade teacher) for the first weekly faculty/staff handwork circle. Lori is really sweet and a master handworker and just loves to get together with people and be crafty. I think it could become the local answer to Sarah and TR's Scones! I can't decide what project to take to work on!
So as we head toward Spring, social life is budding. More to follow, I hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home