Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Joyful Noise

Alright, I am an official nerd. Instead of circulating amongst the young and hip, in hopes of establishing of a new social circle, I was singing with a bunch of folks my parents age and above. But you know what? I loved it! We're singing Bernstein's Chichester Psalms. Our music teacher and adopted big brother Jeffie gave Jame a tape of the piece when I was in high school. It is beautiful and perfectly constructed, in keeping with Lenny's genius for making sadness so exquisite, joy so tangible.
As I got ready to go to rehearsal this evening, I mused on how few eligible bachelors were likely to be in attendance. It seems that none of the things I like to do are big with other people my age, especially guy people my age. Maybe eventually my nerd soul-mate will show up at the same lame event as me and we'll both have some company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home