Thursday, April 27, 2006

Pants crisis!

Last summer my sister and brother-in-law were staying with me for a few weeks. It was hot and we had all lost the will to feed ourselves, unless it was frozen or came out of a restaurant kitchen. We went through an alarming number of ice cream sandwiches. We nicknamed it the summer of 5,000 lbs, joking that that is what we'd all weigh at the end of it. Well I was only laughing a little bit when I couldn't fit into any of my pants by fall! Then I found a new pair of corduroys at the Gap outlet that renewed my faith in the goodness of the world. They are a versatile shade of gray/brown with a hint of stretch and a dynamite fit. So dynamite, in fact that I wear them 2, 3, 4 times a week without fail. You can only imagine my great shock and sadness when I realized that the cord has worn away on the inside of the thighs, and with the frequent wearing, the problem is getting steadily worse. What will I do when there are gaping holes in the crotch of the only pants that make me feel like a shred of my former foxy self? Some would say it's time to join a gym, eat more salads, lay off the peanut butter cups. I say, not while there's a possibility that another pair of magic pants exist in the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home