Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Girl gone wild!

I am currently on spring break. Not the kind where you go to Aruba to flash your breasts at strangers and pass out in your own vomit, just a week off from teaching. I'm always glad for the opportunity to let my sleeping and waking pattern drift slightly during a vacation, but I find myself right now in the throes of an alarming downward spiral of nocturnal behavior. It is five minutes of three and I just climbed into my loft! I hardly did this when I was a teenager! And I'm still not really all that sleepy! What the hell! In addition to just not feeling like sleeping, I am now having heart palpitations at the thought of never going to bed before 2am again and yet still having to get up and go to work. Will the madness ever end?!

As you read this you may think "For the love of God, somebody give that girl an ambiem or just knock 'er out!" I don't blame you! Perhaps if I'd been drinking tequila by the kiddy pool full, we wouldn't be having this problem.

And my goal for the vacation was to do my taxes and figure out what I'm going to do next year!

Oh, and someone informed me that those in the know don't call them "laptops" anymore, but "notebooks", so Lawrence and I are going down to the courthouse tomorrow to have his name legally changed to Neil. Unless someone else has a suggestion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home