Monday, March 20, 2006

This one's for you, Jason!

While all 5 of my readers are welcome to enjoy this post, it is really a letter to Jason Mraz, who recently claimed he had read the internet cover to cover. I know he was just being funny, but on the off chance he comes across this blog he might be entertained to hear from a fan who isn't 15 and doesn't want to have his love-child!

Dear Jason,

Hi! I met you at your CD release party at World Cafe Live in Philadelphia last summer. I may or may not be remembered for such brilliant conversational moments as asking Bill Bell how long he'd been playing the bass(I am near-sighted and he and Ian really do have similar coloring, in my defense) and telling you to call me if you needed a backup singer (and by that I meant "I love your voice! I'm a singer too! It would be a dream to sing with you!"). You were both very polite, and I wish I hadn't been such a drunken ass. The show was phenomenal! I love your gorgeous, genuine voice and brilliantly clever writing! Most of all I loved how much fun you guys were having up there. It made me want to have that much fun at work!
Your journal is about the best thing I've ever read! It's hilarious and insightful and sensitive and wise and well-crafted and generous. Reading it makes me laugh outloud in the public library (my laptop has gone on holiday). It's all I can do not to shout "Exactly!", so perfectly do you capture the world.
So, seriously, do you need a backup singer? Or a cook?

Love,

Erin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home