Sunday, February 12, 2006

Snow Day

I am of the staunch opinion that if snow must fall, it should do it on a weekday to at least give us the chance to miss work/school, so I was pretty bitter at this weekend's forecast. Despite the curses muttered under my breath, there's something about a blanket of pure white that makes the world new again and I feel a childish excitement!
I am snowed in at my sister and brother-in-law's, which is so much better than being snowed in alone. Our "adopted" sister is here too, so it's a party.
The other party-like element that also fills me with childish excitement is that I have just added to my family of prized posessions Irving the i-pod! I just fiiled him up with tasty tunes and he is crooning into my ears as I type. He's a shuffle, which some might find limiting(120 plus songs) but feel like a queen! And sometime this week my adopted ibook will arrive from Oregon and I'll be a real boy at last! (That sounds like I'm having an operation. I'm not. I hope to be a girl for the rest of my life. It was a Pinocchio reference.) Thank you to the McClellan family connection!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home