Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Gas Tank Is Half Full

I'd like us to all take a pause for optimism! Today I paid $2.11 per gallon to fill my car with gasoline! Not to long ago, every media outlet you turned to was reporting the shocking rise in gas prices. Some people were mad at the middle east, some people were mad at GWB, but we were united in our anger at having to pay for the luxury of driving ourselves wherever we liked in whatever monstrosity we wanted to drive. I have mixed feeling on the issue: I like cheap as much as the next guy, and I have an income that hovers around the poverty line, but at the price that we are accustomed to paying for gas, we treat it like water. It is in fact a limited resource with pollutant after-effects when used to fuel an engine. So I'm all for the European method of charging an arm and a leg for gas and giving people excellent public transportation options. But that is not why our prices went up, so I am thrilled that to sing the praises of the Wawa in Paoli! Long live the bargain! Why aren't we hearing about this on the news? Because happiness doesn't sell. We are more use to big business and the government when we are scared and desperate. Buck the system by filling up on cheap gas and smiling all day long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home