Friday, November 11, 2005

The I-76 Music Awards

On my hour-long drive home, having spent the day with children from 8 - 13 years old, I need to ROCK OUT! Luckily so does the rest of America's work force! On my way home today, through the molasses-in-January traffic of the greater Philadelphia area, I surfed my way around the stations of my cranked-up radio, partaking of the ample offerings of TGIF-themed shows. I feel that driving and listening (often accompanied by singing and 'dancing') alone do not make the time pass fast enough, so I began to imagine what awards I would give songs if this were a competition. The following are the results of the private ceremony held earlier in my vehicle. The content does not reflect all-time favorites, merely the best chosen from today's radio offerings.

Most fun to crank up and wail to: Angel by Aerosmith
runner up: She's so High by Tal Bachman (How can it be that I have never heard this name until I just now looked it up?)

Most vivid feeling that I was back in junior high: Take me home tonight by Eddie Money

Best car-dancing number: Love Shack by The B52's

Most repetative and yet fun-to-sing-along-with chorus: You shook me all night long by AC/DC

Most likely to induce vommiting: Cruisin Together as sung by Gwyneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis

Guilty pleasure: Everything I do (I do it for you) by Brian Adams (My overall movie star flame in high school years was Kevin Costner. Odd choice, I admit, but when Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves came out, I was in heaven! Not only was my hunky dreamboat on the big screen in period costume (more or less), but the theme song was all over the airwaves AND there was Prince of Thieves cereal; tiny, sugar-coated, crunchy arrows. I was and still am, a sucker for the complete marketing package!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home