Sunday, January 20, 2008

Empty Nest

The day before I left for the Virgin Islands (it was warm, fabulous, difficult to leave behind), Jane came over, wearing an expression equivalent to a thick San Francisco fog. She told me they sold the house, then burst into tears. I must say, if I have to be evicted, the blow was considerably lessened by my landlord weeping for me.
Its just not the right time for me and this place. Since I set foot inside I've had so many ideas and imaginings, but none of them ever crystalized to the point were I knew how to make the next step in bringing it about. And it is very cold and expensive to heat in winter!
I have no idea where I will go next, though I intend it not to be far, and I doubly intend it to be warmer. I will have a little gathering to say goodbye to the house, and then I'll set about the thing I detest: packing.
In other news, I have made it through my 1st week running the new cafe. For the most part my work was warmly received and I enjoyed doing it. And it the weekend has been glorious!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finding a new place, packing, moving! My heart is with you, Erin.
Auntie

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home