Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Upsidedown Day

Yesterday I had a perfectly leisurely morning, rising around 7:00 and not having to be anywhere until 9:30. Well, once 9:00 rolled around things started to rush, and I tore off to pick up Jame and Ivy before my meeting (they were going to borrow my car while I was busy). While Jame was installing the car seat and I was rummaging in the basement for a pair of shoes, that for some reason I could not wait another day to retrieve from storage, the phone rang. It was my meeting. It was supposed to be at 9:00. And could he have my phone number while we were at it so he didn't have to track me down at my mother's.
So off we went and my fellow meetees were only slightly annoyed and nobody really knew anything and we all decided to meet again next week with a couple more people who didn't know much specifically.
Then Jame and Ivy picked me up and we went to visit Danielle and her girls. Ivy and Amelie and Madelaene enjoyed themselves and eachother emensely, as did the grown-ups. On the way home ivy was hungry and tired, but it had been hard to tear ourselves away, and we still had to drop off some movies and pick up some groceries. That done, life seemed to be slowing down when I suddenly realized that there was to be a brokers' open house at my house going on at that very moment and I had not taken down the makeshift clotheslines that were booby-trapping the entire 1st floor, some still laden with socks and sweaters. So I swung in and apologized to the realtor (whose children I had babysat 20 years previous) and all was well.
Needless to say I hardly got any sewing done. And now I am procrastinating some more to write this all down. Do you think it will look funny if I only have one item to sell at the craft show?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home