Monday, December 03, 2007

Howling

The weather here is pretty dramatic at present. Out my window the black mass of the ridge is topped with a thin line of blue that fades into an ominous purple, and the wind is singing around the corners of the house. And did I mention...IT'S COLD!!! I love everything about my life at present, the amazing crash landings I've recently made into jobs and home, the thrill of what the next glorious falling-into-place will be, but when I lie in bed at night with a wool hat, socks and sweater over my flannel pj's and a hot water bottle at my feet, I really miss San DIego (where, might I add, I also complained that it was not warm enough).
I am in the process of becoming a certified food handler, which is both exciting, as it lends some credulity to my career shift, and excruciating, since, from my perspective on the world, it seems to be pretty much government sanctioned propaganda. From the way he looks from the back, I keep expecting the man who was sitting in front of me today to actually be Chuck Norris; that being the most notable tidbit of my day, I'm sure you can imagine the mush my brain is currently composed of.
On Saturday, after dodging the ridiculous gate fee at recycling, I went to investigate the new outlet mall that sprawls beneath the cooling towers of the Limerick nuclear power plant. It was like pretty much every other outlet mall I've visited, and let me tell you there've been quite a few, but thrillingly close to home. More thrilling than that however was the fact that after over a year in sizes 12-14, I could comfortably fit into more than one pair of size 10 pants. This realization brought home to me some of the inner strides I've made in the past several months, strides that I'm pretty sure facilitated the effortless shedding of pounds. Like I said, life is pretty much perfect aside from the fact that this 20 minutes or so of typing has rendered my fingers nearly numb with cold. Off to fill up the hot water bottle!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to read your blog again from Indiana; I have missed your reflections. Does this mean that the craft event was this weekend, and how did it go? Your Thanksgiving sounded marvelous.

Cousin Mary

6:49 PM  
Blogger EdwardsA@missouri.edu said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as "effortless shedding of pounds",Erin!

I'm happy you are happy!

Love,
Auntie A.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home