Thursday, June 21, 2007

Check in

I've been home for about a week and a half and it feels almost like California never happened. I've almost forgotten to be surprised when I see folks I haven't seen in a year. Everything is exactly the same, except the mowed down the car dealership in Kimberton - what evs!
I am out at the family ranch now and breathing in deep drafts of damp woodland air and being serenaded by the birds of my childhood.
As for the B&B, I like to think of it as a child. The development of the idea is a lot like pregnancy (not that I know first hand what pregnancy is like, but I like the metaphor). I would say the stage I'm in now is like, hmmm, getting the baby a social security number (grueling but essential)? Maybe we're not that far along. Maybe its more like a sonogram, hearing the heartbeat, maybe finding out the sex, but its still not here and I haven't even begun to pick out furniture for the nursery! In plain English, I am writing a business plan and finding out how much I don't know, but still totally excited to be doing it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home