Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wounds and Healing

The AC adapter on my laptop sparked and then died last week. Much has happened, but only today did I get a replacement cord so that I could tell you about it all.
Gwyneth, my long lost soul-sister visited all last week with her sweetie Eric, whom I had not met, but whom I thoroughly enjoyed and highly approve of. They arrived last Monday night and on Tuesday morning I had an appointment to have a few moles biopsied. In my naivite, I did not realize "biopsy" the doctor was going to dig great craters in my skin (come on, people! A man on the moon and we are still leaving craters "just in case"?), and in my advanced hypochondria and narcissism following the procedure, I was paralyzed by fear of infection and irreparable scarring. Luckily Gwyn and Eric are both in nursing school and tended to me with care and encouragement. My wounds have scabbed over nicely and I just got word that the pathology report on the detached moles came back normal.
Once I recovered from my mutilation, I had such a good time with Gwyn and Eric! We rented surfboards and wetsuits and spent several blissful hours in the waves. We made some kick-ass mac and cheese, Gwyn made earth shattering brownies, and we had some great meals out too, and generally relaxed good times.
As they pulled away on Monday afternoon, I was sorry to see them go and a sadness tugged at my heart. Another dear friend is entering a world that is foreign to me and committing to an intimate partnership. I so look forward to catching up with them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home