Sunday, September 03, 2006

-less

Well, now not only am I homeless and jobless, I'm toothless. I was not chewing violently or wrecklessly. It was just a soft tortiila with melted butter and brown sugar. I bit down on something unexpectedly hard. Upon examination I found that it was a piece of my very own tooth. My first thought was that I would have to drive back across the country to Dr. Condos because I have never been to another dentist. My next thought was that I might have to turn to prostitution to afford getting the tooth fixed.
I talked to Gwyneth who reminded me that everything happens exactly as it should. She also said she'd heard that teeth represent control. I guess the universe decided I needed a little help letting go and took out half a tooth. Just to make sure I got the picture, it timed the tooth loss to coincide with a holiday weekend, turning up the anxiety volume to blaring.
I have risen to the challenge. I will continue to trace the jagged empty space with my tongue until Tuesday when I will somehow find, visit and pay for a dentist. Shortly thereafter I will know which stepping stone of life will next host my confused feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home