Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hey, haven't I been here before?

I find myself in a very familiar situation. It is just like my first months in France and my first weeks in England. Sleeping a lot, reading, living for phone calls with familiar voices, and yet the phone system is complicated. And, like those adventures past, I am giddy with delight one minute and wretchedly depressed the next. I'd like this to be the last time I do this to myself. I will learn this lesson if it kills me, which I doubt it will!
Anyway, today I am up. I saw a pair of hummingbirds in the trees above my deck/dining room and yesterday a pair of flickers. These are surely good omens! My nest is so nice that I would be content never to leave it if I had some conversation, live or otherwise to fill it with. I know my mom would love it, and my sister too for that matter. And any number of my friends. But again, I have chosen to go it alone. What is that about?
This is my new mantra: I can have whatever my heart desires and I don't have to wait for it! Say it with me!

1 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

I'm saying it with you! You can have whatever my heart desires and you don't have to wait for it! I wish your Nest were closer; I'd love to sit and watch the birds and visit with you a bit. I keep wishing there were a way I could hug you and tell you how wonderful you are--please accept this virtual approach--or hurry back east so I can do it face to face, with love, Sara

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home