Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ketchup

Oh no! I am falling behind!
Well, I had a lovely day in Encinitas wrapping thing up. Sarah at SuperCuts actually remembered me (she's cut my hair only twice before). I put more than my toes in the ocean (my entire self) and after spending over 2 hours putting the rooftop carrier on the car, I dined on fish tacos from Jorge's.
It was only 4:00 whe I got to my projected campsite yesterday, the sun was still blistering and there was no shade in sight (but there were instructions on what to do if you meet a mountain lion; if attacked, you should fight back!). The best way to keep cool seemed to be to keep driving, so I got an enormous iced coffee and got back behind the wheel. Winds were high and determined to blow me off the road, and pink lightening stabbed at the ground in the distance, but I decided to keep going until Las Cruces. When the city came into sight, the first lodging that presented itself was a beloved KOA. I give up! I'm not going to tell people I camp at state parks anymore, because I don't, because for $6 more you get a pool and wireless internet and no mountain lions.
The sun is climbing and I am almost finished my tea, so its time to hit the road. More soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home