Friday, March 28, 2008

Mountains in the Sky

Every so often the sky, particularly around sunset, looks like an extension of the landscape. Today I was driving through Phoenixville on the main drag and rising in front of me between the brick store fronts was a bank of clouds that made me feel like I was in a mountain gold-mining town. It also reminded me of when your are in the ocean, watching a wave growing in front of you; it is so vast and powerful that you're a little scared, but at the same time amazed at its beauty and the joy of participating in its game.
I've recently reconnected with an old friend from my time at Emerson. You could say that what we experienced there glued us together for life in some way, but it's probably more accurate to say we were all glued already and that golden year together was a precious gift that not everyone gets. It fills my heart to overflowing to think of all those dear people, but it also makes me unspeakably sad that I can't see their faces up close or squeeze them tight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home